Minimally Invasive Laser Liposuction Albuquerque
Tumescent liposuction is a surgical procedure that injects a mixture of local anesthetic under the skin to numb the treatment area. This liposuction method can be ideal for those who want to avoid a long recovery time, the risks of general anesthesia, and the scars and healing of traditional liposuction and/or a tummy tuck.*
Also, some people want small areas treated, like the inner knees, which are often unable to be treated by traditional liposuction. Tumescent liposuction can be done using several techniques, including the most advanced laser technologies.*
Three benefits of laser liposuction over conventional liposuction:
- A great benefit of laser-assisted liposuction is that the collagen is stimulated in the treatment area, which can provide lifting & tightening, which prevents the loose skin that is often seen following traditional liposuction.*
- Additionally, with laser-assisted liposuction, the laser causes small blood vessels to coagulate on contact, resulting in less bleeding, swelling and bruising and a much faster recovery than conventional liposuction.*
- Because the incisions needed are small, scarring is minimal.*
The body takes some time to fully process the melted fat and to stimulate collagen to tighten the skin; therefore, although you will see many immediate benefits, you should expect to see the full results of laser-assisted liposuction 6 months or more following your procedure.*
What’s different about how Dr. Chavez performs these procedures compared to many other physicians?
- Dr. Chavez uses different technology
- Dr. Chavez uses a different approach
Dr. Chavez is currently the only physician in New Mexico who employs what many believe to be the most advanced technologies in liposuction:
- Power-Assisted Liposuction (to “de-bulk” the area),*
- Laser Lipolysis (to smooth the superficial layer and tighten the skin), &*
- Low-Level Laser (to liquefy the fat to allow it to come out easier, and to enhance the healing process to even further minimize post-procedure pain, bruising, and swelling.)*
Dr. Chavez performs laser liposuction under local (tumescent) anesthesia, which allows the client to be awake during the procedure, without an IV or “groggy” recovery. Many clients love this benefit! However, if you’re one of the few who are anxious about being “wide awake” during the procedure, you may not be the best candidate for this approach. Dr. Chavez does offer oral sedatives (at no charge) to help make the procedure as comfortable as possible.*
Dr. Chavez also tends to view liposuction quite conservatively, feeling that her goal is not to remove all fat, but to help clients’ bodies to be proportionate. Because of this, Dr. Chavez may not remove as much fat as some other physicians. Dr. Chavez will discuss this with you during your private consultation, to try to ascertain if you will be satisfied with the results of this approach.*
Who should not undergo laser liposuction?
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding are not suitable candidates.
- People who want a very aggressive approach should consult a plastic surgeon.
What are the costs for Laser-Assisted Liposuction?
The cost depends on the size of the area being treated, and a firm quote cannot be given until we evaluate the areas during your complimentary consultation. However, as a general guideline, the prices are as follows (for combined Power-Assisted Liposuction and Laser Lipolysis):
- 1st treatment area (in one treatment visit): $3950
- 2nd treatment area (in one treatment visit): $3450
- 3rd treatment area (in one treatment visit): $2950
- 4th treatment area (in one treatment visit): $2450
The prices include several low-level laser treatments (Zerona) following the procedure to dramatically reduce any discomfort, bruising, and/or swelling. By using Zerona, our Albuquerque laser liposuction clients have very little downtime and often resume activities immediately.*
If you have any Surgical Fat Removal questions or for more information, please email Dr. Chavez directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text her directly at 505-888-3733.
If you would like to schedule an appointment click here.
*Individual results may vary.